Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Tico Tuesday, April 1st

Happy First day of April! (A Chronicle will come out sometime soon, hopefully before the weekend ends)
Today I find myself in Knoxville, TN, enjoying one more evening with my brother Zach before I head over to Charlotte for class for the remainder of the week. I had originally planned on running the Knoxville Marathon on Sunday with him (though he was faster than me), but my legs were too overworked from my marathon enthusiasm last year. So, I hung out with his super-cool wife and greyhound at the mile 16 water station, which is right by their house. Though I was really sad not to run the race, it was neat to be able to empathize wholeheartedly with the runners! I really enjoyed cheering them on. I know how much it means to them!
Lots of runners loved Reggie's sign at the marathon!
I saw three marathoners with the shirt from last year's Boston Marathon and one Boston Strong shirt, so I made sure to cheer extra hard for them. But, of course, my biggest cheers were for Zach.
Over the last several years, Zach is definitely the family member I haven't been able to see as easily/often, so I am really grateful for these few days to connect with him and be reminded once more of what a great guy he is.
Family is such a gift! May God bless you and yours this week!
Carrie

No comments: