Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Tico Tuesday, April 22nd

Happy Tuesday! Christ is risen!!!
Thanks be to God I have now recovered from camp. I slept more in the last week than I had in a very long time and my voice is back to normal again as well. The whole country here basically shuts down for the second half of Holy Week, and I was just fine with that. It was a restful, but productive time for me. While it would have been really nice to join my Arbolitos friends for a trip to the beach, I am glad I stayed home. This allowed me to sleep, study, go to my first Tenebrae service ever on Maundy Thursday (at an English speaking fellowship), and have some time to hang out with my friend Jessica. She stayed with me two nights. It is always so nice to have someone else around my apartment! It makes me more productive, more clean, and Jess helps with meal prep and cleanup too! We both really enjoyed spoiling each other and taking turns working in the kitchen. I finally had the chance to show her the Bible Home in daylight and we had a lovely picnic there with a view of the valley.
Resurrection Day was full: Jess and I went to a "sunrise" service with the same fellowship I went to on Thursday. After breakfast at a well-known "soda," I dropped her off at CCI (where she attends and where I used to serve). I saw a number of people I hadn't seen in ages, so I stayed for a few minutes to say hi to them. I ended up being there for baptisms, which was really cool, but I did feel really odd the whole time. I feel like the people there only know a shadow of who I am today, thanks, glory and praise be to God! I then hurried home to frost and decorate this year's bunny cake and head over to the Kampers' for lunch. I had a lovely time with them and their friends, and especially enjoyed getting to spend some time with Quinn since he is usually asleep by the time I arrive to babysit him and his brothers. I finished the day with my dear Filipino friends who were able to come back to Costa Rica one last time before they return to the Philippines in June.
For more pictures, head to my facebook. There is a supercute one of Elliot, Quinn and me and ones of Lloyd and Dahl and me.
May we continue to rejoice each day in our Risen Savior and the life we have in him!
Carrie

No comments: