Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Tico Tuesday, April 8th

I have no idea who the people are in this picture. Except one. That's what I get for wanting to drive through the Appalachian Mountains back to Knoxville in daylight.
My classmate Beth (the one at the mic) is on student council and helped put together a special community day to help students like me get to know some of the other students that live closer to the seminary and have weekend classes. It sounded like a lot of fun, but, after driving through the mountains in daylight, I knew I didn't want to have to do so in the dark. And I wanted to get a reasonable amount of sleep that night since I flew out at 6am to come home. The sleep ended up not happening much, but was well worth missing in order to hang out more with my brother Zach and his wife Greta and get to eat the most amazing meal I'd had since Christmas dinner.
So, I missed out on "Community Day" at school, but I didn't miss out on a great experience with my classmates and professor in our residency for conflict management. We had some excellent discussions and a few things my professor said resonated with me deeply. And we watched "Twelve Angry Men." I'd never seen it before, nor been interested in watching it. But after having this class, I thought it was hilarious and very well done! I would actually even recommend it to you. It's powerful. Now I just have to read 500 more pages and do a couple other assignments for the class and I'll be done with it! Spiritual Formation still has quite a load left. It's really good too though!
I appreciate your prayers as we leave for camp with the kinds from the Bible Home on Friday at 1pm (3pm Eastern). We'll be there till Tuesday afternoon learning about self-acceptance, peace, tolerance, and effort. The primary goal is to help all the children have an encounter with Jesus!
Thank you!
Carrie

PS While in Charlotte, I got to have breakfast one morning with several people from the UWM office! That was delightful!

No comments: