Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Tico Tuesday, June 17th

Words can not describe how happy I am and how amazing this week is. The team from my home church in Auburn, Maine is here and I am being spoiled up the wazoo. Hugs, backrubs, and so many presents I don't even know where I will be able to store them all in my 250 square foot apartment! The gifts are wonderfully fun, useful, and heart-touching. But getting to spend time with these people far outshines any present: even clam chowder, chocolate, and bagels! I am so thrilled to get to know the members of the team I hadn't met before, bond more with people I did know previously, and see how 4 kids I used to babysit/watch in the nursery at church have grown and matured. It's just overwhelming. Our time has been wonderful. The reunion at the airport was emotional, but the rest of the time has been a blast. We went to the La Paz Waterfall Gardens on Sunday and delighted in God's magnificent creation there (my favorite parts were the butterfly garden and the waterfalls). This morning we had a special cupcake decorating activity for the house moms that went really well. The team is working on painting and sewing projects as well, and having special crafts and activities with the kids. We are milking every moment. And I'm going to go play Dutch Blitz again for the first time in waaaaaaaay too long!
May you enjoy some quality time with someone you love this week! And may we never take God's goodness and love for granted!
Love,
Carrie

No comments: