Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Tico Tuesday, June 24th

Today, all the members of the team from my church in Maine (EABC) who were here last week were asked to post on the group facebook page a one word reaction or summary of their time here. My word was filled, but thinking about it again, I think "overflowing" is a lot more accurate. As King David wrote, "My cup runneth over." In the time the team from EABC was here, I received so many expressions of love: gifts, hugs, backrubs, snuggles, getting to play 2 games of Dutch Blitz (which I hadn't done in years!--and they left me the cards!) and watching the movie Frozen (which I'd been wanting to see for some time now), getting to share time with people I've known for almost 17 years (and with whom I feel totally loved, accepted, and comfortable), seeing how 4 kids I used to babysit have grown into amazing young adults... It was all so phenomenal. I loved having people I know and love love on "my kids" at the Bible Home. There were just so many sweet moments leading up to and on this trip. My former Sunday School teacher got up in the middle of the night to see the team off. A cancer survivor I've never met sent me sweet gift bag. It goes on and on.
View of Los Guido from the 1st floor of the child care center!
Another major highlight of the week was getting to go to the Los Guido Child Care Center. I hadn't been to the property for over a year, and they had only begun to start moving dirt around. Now, there is a whole building with 6 adorable painted classrooms with bathrooms and sinks and running water and toilet paper!!!!!! The kitchen and dining hall are underway, and funds are still being raised for the administrative offices. If you ever want to know what it's like to walk on a miracle, come to Los Guido! It is a source of incredible joy and awe.
This past week filled my heart to overflowing and as I told the team: my heart is full of thanks and praise. (And my apartment is overflowing with maple syrup, canned blueberries, thank you cards, shredded wheat, chocolate, and many other goodies!)
All glory, thanks, and praise to God!
Carrie

PS When are you coming down here with your church? We need your help!
PPS If you care anything about the World Cup, Costa Rica came in first place in our group (over Italy, Uruguay, and England!) and on Sunday we play Greece to see if we can make it into the quarterfinals!!! This country is PUMPED!!!!

No comments: