Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Tico Tuesday, June 3rd

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly...And the Stupendous, the Sad, and the Beautiful.
The Good: God is good. He is loving, faithful, holy, perfect, just, and worthy of all praise, no matter what happens in life. Also good is my relationship with my coworker Xinia who's been here at the HB for a couple months now. She's wonderful and I am so grateful for her!
The Bad: My personal computer died on Sunday. The video card burned out and it has been recommended that I get a new one. Thankfully, it's not much hassle to just stay here at the HB after work and use the computer here. Also, God's timing is pretty amazing. Right now in my semester, I barely need my computer. I am just doing tons of reading. And, as soon as I send this out, I hope to order a new one for the missions team from my church in Maine to bring down when it comes in less than 2 weeks. (unless anybody has any other suggestions).
And yes... that would be the Stupendous right there. For over 3.5 years, ever since I started serving in Roblealto, I've been saying they need to come. And FINALLY, they're coming! June 14th! A team of 15 people, including 4 of whom I used to babysit or watch in the nursery at church! And they're coming to love on "my" kids here! So beautiful! So exciting! Reality just started to finally hit the last week, and I'm ecstatic!!!
The Ugly: It's raining termites here in my office and not long ago one just landed on me and ... I'll spare you the details. Yuck!
The Sad: My friend Jessica is leaving in less than a month now. Though I know she is being obedient to God, I (selfishly) don't want her to leave. I've never had a friend like her before and I hate that I'm going to have to let her go. I'm going to miss her dreadfully. I appreciate your prayers as she and I try to make the most of what time we have left together and for each of us in our grieving/transition processes. (If you didn't know, yes, it is actually really good and important to appropriately grieve all losses, not just death. :-) )
The Beautiful: This comforting song, right here. Even if you don't understand a word, I am confident it can still soothe your soul. Listening to it usually makes me want to cry, especially when we sing it during worship with the kids at the Bible Home. I'm pretty sure I've written about it before, but it's just.that.good. The lyrics translate as follows:
Sweet Refuge in the storm is Jesus Christ the Savior/He encourages and feeds me with his Word and his love/I come to rest in him, he is my faithful friend, a powerful and fresh anointing fills my heart/Sweet Refuge in the storm is Jesus Christ the Savior
Listen to it, savor it, believe it. Amen.
Carrie

No comments: