Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Tico Tuesday, August 13th

I wrote this post a week ago and didn't get around to posting it till now... sorry! It's still well worth reading though!

Wednesday greetings from the USA!
Yesterday I was focusing hard on my studies and traveling, so Tico “Tuesday” is coming to you today. :-)
Monday was my second round of presentations for the Annual Training Course for instructors at our child care centers (I'll present one more time at the Bible Home later this month). This time, instead of standing there and teaching the powerpoint, I broke the instructors into small groups and gave each one the notes on a different high-maintenance personality. They had about 15 minutes to read the material and prepare to teach it to others. They could use the powerpoint, posterboard and markers I brought, or anything else their creative minds invented. Overall, I was very pleased with their presentations, and didn't need to add or explain much more for most of them. Especially with the group I had after lunch, I knew I needed to have them actively engaged in their learning or they would have a hard time staying awake. Many thanks to my amazing Aunt Jenny for her reminders and tips! And actually, I noticed something when the morning groups gave their presentations—high maintenance people often have low self-esteem! They don't know how to handle themselves and their own personal issues, and this manifests itself in a number of different ways with other people. They can end up as “sponges” or “indifferent ice cubes” or “martyrs,” but however it is manifested, the salient issue is self-esteem. I think self-esteem is an issue for a lot more people than I ever realized (myself included!). This is another area where God has been working in me lately, and I am so grateful! Not to say that I “have arrived” and have no more concerns, but lately God has been helping me see my worth and understand that he has chosen me to fulfill purposes that he designed specifically for me! So, I seized the opportunity to tell the staff at the child care center that they are valuable. That God has them there for a purpose. That he loves them like crazy! That he is using them. It was sweet to be able to speak truth into their lives like that. What a blessing and privilege.
Thank you for your continued prayers for me regarding my studies and travels!
May God use each of us to speak truth to someone's life this week!
Carrie

No comments: