Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Tico Tuesday, August 26th

And now back to your regularly scheduled Tico Tuesday...
It's hard to believe I've been back from Maine for only a week. It feels like it was ages ago. I don't have any good pictures from the week, but I'm sure you won't mind seeing some of the Great Falls Balloon Fest, right?
We sang the Nat'l Anthem when this first balloon went up!
This week has mainly been working and studying. In about 3 weeks, we are going to be inspected for our ISO9001 (quality) certification with the PANI (National Child Welfare Institute). We have a whole quality management system we're implementing. I've received days of training about it now and can even sing you a catchy song about it! (I've told you before that God has blessed us with an abundance of creativity at the Bible Home, right?)
Girls group--"Exemplary Women"--went really well again on Thursday. Explaining why it was ok that Tamar slept with three different men was a fun challenge. I should have taken a picture of the bizarre "family tree" I drew to try to show what was going on! The next day, one of the girls came to my office to help me and another was there working on a present for someone. We had so much fun together! Later in the afternoon, one went with me to the discipulado in San Jose to help support my coworker Xinia. And before I left for S Jose, the director spoke some very kind, affirming words to me about girls group: that she's glad I'm doing it and that it is really good for the girls. Thanks and praise be to God! I'm really glad I'm leading this group too: I'm loving it, and I truly believe he is working in these girls' lives.
Thank you a million for your prayers for me as I've been finishing my semester. It's been a tough push, but thanks to your prayers, I am almost there! Tomorrow I plan to polish off the last paper and take the final exam. (Oh, and last week I got my first e-mail about my graduation in May! Woohoo!!!!!) Then it's packing time! Next Tuesday I'll be writing to you from Chrissy's and my new apartment!
May God give you grace to do everything with quality and as an act of worship to him!
Love,
Carrie

No comments: