Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Tico Tuesday, August 5th

Today's picture has nothing to do with what I'm going to talk about, but I thought many of you might not have ever had the privilege of meeting one of these little creatures! Isn't it adorable?
What a wicked long tail!
Unfortunately, I took no pictures at AWANA this past Sunday. It's Mother's Day in Costa Rica this month, and at Roblealto we decide to just celebrate Family Month (or maybe more people celebrate it too?). So at AWANA, we had a big Family Celebration Day. The leaders of each AWANA club put together a presentation based on a family in the Bible. Ositos did a newscast about Lazarus' resurrection and the relationships between Lazarus, his sisters, and Jesus. Llamas did a fantastic tico adaptation of the "Prodigal Son" that got me all choked up, and in Chispas, we wrote a poem about Samuel and read it with a mime and peanut gallery to make it more fun. I was responsible for putting our presentation together and got quite stressed about it. Being the good gringa I am, I try to plan ahead and, well, don't you just hate it when people don't respond to your texts? But, thankfully, we were all able to meet together and write the poem and come up with funny things for the girls in the peanut gallery to say. Practice was minimal, but I think it turned out great. I'm hoping someone recorded it and will upload it to facebook, but I'm not holding my breath.
In other news, I gave a training session (part of our annual training course for Christian Ed) on a couple chapters from Les Parrott's High Maintenance Relationships yesterday at one of our child care centers. Overall, I think it went ok, there was just a lot of material to cover and not enough time. I have to teach on a few other chapters at other child care centers next week (and then at the HB later this month) with similar time constraints. Please pray for wisdom on how to teach the material well and for it to be a blessing to the personnel who receive it. I would also appreciate your prayers this month for me as I 1) write two research papers--which are hard for me and not my favorite--and take a final exam to finish my summer semester 2) go to Maine for a week 3) Move into a brand new beautiful apartment with Chrissy! 4) continue girls group--called "Exemplary Women" 5) Learn the ropes for my new (additional) role of secretary in AWANA and continue to juggle a whole bunch of other responsibilities at work. I know there's no way I can even try do it all on my own!
Be sure to let me know how I can be praying for you!
May you find joy in the tasks that lay ahead of you this week!
Carrie

No comments: