Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Tico Tuesday, August 20th

I just spent a week in paradise!
The paradise of southern Maine and the White Mountains of New Hampshire, that is. I got to do so many things I hadn't been able to do for years... walk and run on the beach with my mom, play bocce, and enjoy a Dunkin Donuts chai with her, hike in the White Mtns with my mom and pick fresh wild blueberries right on the side of the trail, watch Red Sox games on TV with my parents and delight in Red Sox Nation and the greatness of New England, sit together with my parents at East Auburn Baptist Church and thoroughly enjoy the sermon together, go to the balloon festival and watch the hot air balloons inflate and take off right in front of my nose, laugh and share with dear friends, etc, etc, etc. I love so much to spend time with my parents and see how their sense of humor and many mannerisms and ways of life have rubbed off on me. It is such a joy to be my parents' daughter!

The trip was quick, but jam-packed, as you can see. And absolutely, totally worth it. I love Maine! It's not always easy to live there (especially in the winter...well, is it easy to live anywhere all the time???), but it is a wonderful, beautiful place. Having my parents back there makes me miss it a lot more than before. So, I will make the most of it when I am there. But, until/unless God hits me with a 2x4 and tells me to leave Costa Rica, that's where I'll be.
Thank you for your continued prayers. Please pray for me to be faithful and obedient to God and delight in him in all I do. I am nothing without him, and your prayers and mine are so important! And, it is now serious end-of-semester crunch time. I was able to advance some in my schoolwork in the past week, but not quite as much as I hoped.
Last week's Tico Tuesday is available on my blog, but I'm sure you can understand why I was unable to get it out!
God's blessing, peace, and joy be with you,
Carrie

No comments: