Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Tico Tuesday, September 9th

Happy Children's Day! I never heard of Children's Day until moving to Costa Rica...I'm not sure I even heard of it before I started serving in Roblealto. But, apparently it is a big deal in many parts of the world! Last Thursday, I had the opportunity to join the children from the Bible Home and our on-site school in their Children's Day celebration: a member of the Legislative Assembly paid for us all to go to the National Children's Museum!
The children picked coffee, learned how bananas are processed, toured the train that used to go back and forth to Limón (Caribbean side of the country), "directed" an orchestra, dressed up like police and firemen, learned about the food groups and grocery shopped, did an obstacle course, toured a house with slanted floors, learned about dinosaurs, lit up a light bulb with their bodies, learned about Egyptian mummies, and more! This kid was an absolute hoot as a "mummy!"
God really protected me from getting sick, since all the kids I was with were coughing (without covering their mouths), sneezing, putting their hands in their mouths, touching everything...and of course holding my hand! On the way home a girl with a temperature fell asleep on my lap and left a HUGE spot of sweat on my pants. I am so glad I didn't get sick!
Thank you so much for your prayers: God does protect me in wonderful ways. I guess I haven't told you about the time a few weeks ago when I was on my way to one of our child care centers and my wallet fell out of my bag and an honest man missed his bus to give it back to me! In a sketchy neighborhood in Costa Rica!
I thank God for his presence and the ways he cares for me. Thank you again for your faithful prayers, and please keep them coming! God hears and answers them!
God's blessing, peace, and joy be with you and your children!
Carrie

No comments: