Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Tico Tuesday, September 2nd

Surely last Tuesday was more than just a week ago, right?
What a week it has been! (And what a month August was! A Chronicle is forthcoming!)
I am now a resident of San Pedro de Barva, which means Chrissy and I are now officially roommates! Our apartment is beautiful! It is brand new--we are the first to live in it! And it is so much nicer and more spacious than my old one! I am so happy and grateful to be living here! Once I get more settled and unpacked, there will be more pictures, and perhaps a virtual tour on facebook. Moving was EXHAUSTING! I told Chrissy on Sunday night that if I was any more tired, I would just break down and cry. Thankfully, I had a lot of support in the move. Two girls from my "Exemplary Women" group at the Bible Home came over and did a great job helping me pack and make muffins. That was a really fun evening. Moving Tip: Make lots of muffins (or sandwiches or something) before you move. The muffins saved me from turning into a hypoglycemic monster until I could go out and get food. Saturday, three friends from our young adult group from church (Arbolitos) helped me finish packing and pack everything into their cars and the truck a woman from church brought. They were such a blessing to me! But, once everything was inside the new apartment, they had to leave, and it was me and a whole lot of boxes and suitcases. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!! When there is a lot to do, I tend to get overwhelmed and just kind of freeze. Or I start a million things and don't finish any of them. But, poco a poco... (bit by bit). Chrissy and I got the kitchen and living room under control. So now, I'm chipping away at the piles of boxes and suitcases and bags in my room. I can't believe how much stuff I had crammed into my old apartment! I'm trying to sort through some things and see what I can get rid of. Simplicity is something I'd like to try to aim for more. And the goal is to make serious headway tomorrow, since my weekend is getting quite full and the new semester starts on Monday!
Thank you so much for your prayers and support and for accompanying me virtually on this journey. (And for those who are wondering, this move was not for financial reasons. But, it is a little more economical than my last place. I have to drive to work now, but it's only about 15 minutes away, and well worth it!)
May God give us all the grace and strength to do what we need to in the rest of the week... and may we keep our eyes fixed on him in all we do!
Love,
Carrie

No comments: