Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Tico Tuesday, September 30th

Thank you so much for your prayers! The sleepover with the girls from 'Exemplary Women" this weekend was a blast! It went so well! We started by playing with a Bop-It (I don't think I'd seen one of those since a jr high winter retreat!) and then moved on to hide and go seek while the pizza was in the oven.
I have a phenomenal bruise on my arm from a shelf that leapt out from the wall in the dark, but at least it happened to me and not one of the girls. Hide and seek here gets pretty intense! After dinner, the girls had a silly pillow fight while I made chocolate chip cookies, and then the girls each had a challenge I gave them and had to answer a review question about the women we studied. The challenges included a few "Minute to Win it" games, as well as a couple that required balancing something. Then, each one shared about an exemplary woman of the Bible she studied on her own, using the questions I have us ask every week. I was very proud of the work they did! It was an amazing night! Most were asleep by the second scene of the movie we watched, which was fine with me...it was later than I'd hoped. Then, since I was the only one responsible for these girls, I had a hard time falling asleep. Anytime I'm the sole adult in charge, I feel a huge weight of the responsibility I have and I'm always the last asleep. I woke up early too, thanks to a girl that took up more than her allotted share of mattress space. It was ok though--I napped when I got home!
A couple years ago, I chaperoned a sleepover for some girls, and it was crazy. This sleepover was wonderful! Thank you so much for your prayers! I've decided I'm going to be praying for one a day, since there are 7 of them!
You are welcome to keep praying for them too, especially since we've received the green light to keep meeting for the rest of the year!
With gratitude to you and praise to God,
Carrie

P.S. The Bible Bee is this Friday! There is still MUCH to do and very little time to do it in. Please pray for everything to get done and for the activity to be a blessing to all the children. Thank you!

No comments: