Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Tico Tuesday, November 11th

This past Saturday we had our annual recognition picnic of (formerly LAM now) UWM missionaries.
Helping lead worship at the picnic
 At long last, I was recognized for 5 years of service here in Costa Rica!! Compared to the other missionaries who have been here for 25, 30, 40, and 60 years, that's nothing. But in God's economy, it definitely counts! The last 5 (and a half now) years have been a phenomenal journey. They have brought some of the most difficult painful experiences I've ever had, but they have also included incredibly rewarding experiences, and God has done amazing work in my life. It is always nice to see fellow missionaries at the picnic: according to my rough, low estimate, there were over 500 years of accumulates missionary experience present! As a visiting missionary from Colombia said, it's like being with the "big leagues!" It is a bit awe-inspiring to be with people who have so much wisdom and know so much rich history of missions in Costa Rica. But at the same time, they are just people too. In fact, I recommend reading this blog post about idolizing missionaries! And a cool thing about the picnic is that I met another girl who is my age serving here! She lives in San José and doesn't have a car, so that makes getting together a bit more challenging, but she is supercool and is actually friends with another friend of mine from my missions organization! It was nice to not be the only youngster at the picnic! I look forward to getting to know her better (and am praying she'll stick around at least as long as I will--however long that may be!).
Thank you so much for your loving care, prayers, and support!
Carrie

No comments: