Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Tico Tuesday, November 18th

Several months ago, somebody told me about one of those groupon sites here in Costa Rica, and when the opoprtunity came to go to a lodge for over 50% off and get a welcome facial and spend a relaxing 2 nights in a big bed, have breakfast included, and be able to relax in naturally heated pools, I just couldn't say no! So, as an early birthday celebration, Chrissy and I went to El Tucano for the weekend.
It was so wonderful, and was actually much needed. I've been stressing quite a bit with my studies, work, and all the other random commitments I have, so a break, even if just for a weekend was more than welcome. Chrissy and I had a lovely time in the large, warm pool and hot tubs (they are naturally heated by hot springs. This place is sort of near the Arenal volcano) and everything else the hotel had to offer. They had the most difficult, hilarious mini-golf course I've seen: pure concrete! No putting green. Just painted cement. I had no idea how bouncy golf balls were! After getting about a 37 on one hole though, I got a hole in one on the next! It was ridiculous. It took a lot of perseverance, but like many other things here, we just had to keep trying and enjoy it, because otherwise we would have gotten horribly frustrated. Saturday it was rainy most of the day, and that literally put a damper on things, but, the good thing is, rain doesn't really matter if you're going to be in a pool! Sunday was gorgeous though and we were able to use the tennis court (I hadn't played in 10-15 years!) and explore the river that runs along the edge of the property. It was so fun. I LOVE wading, playing in, and exploring mountain rivers! There were a couple hot spots where hot springs pour in. It was so neat to see. And as we had breakfast, we saw at 3 different kind of butterflies, including beautiful blue morphos! It was such a delightful, refreshing weekend. Only thing is, I feel like I need to go back again already!
Please keep me in your prayers as I'm in my end of the semester/year crunch with studies and work and whatnot. It is all too easy to get stressed. Thank you so much!
God's peace be with us this week and may he grant us the grace to persevere and remain faithful to him in all we do!
Carrie

No comments: