Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Tico Tuesday, November 25th

Another birthday has come and gone. I am grateful to have lived 28 years of life and look forward to all that God has in store for me in the future!
Growing up, I rarely had to go to school on my birthday because it always falls during Thanksgiving week. So, then I never wanted to go to school or work on my birthday because why not have your birthday be a personal holiday? But, I am very glad I went to work yesterday. I could not keep track of the number of times coworkers and kids sang me "Happy birthday." At one point, a group of boys playing soccer paused their game to sing to me in English!!! And they were led by one of our newest arrivals! It was so sweet and adorable! I felt incredibly loved all day. A note here, a chocolate there, a shouted "Feliz cumple!" from afar (and a bajillion facebook posts!)...it was all so sweet. One of the best parts though was that the birthday card from my parents came Right.On.Time! I was really hoping it would come and fearing it wouldn't. I'm so glad it did! The plan after work was to go to the minigolf place here, but then it rained!! So, Chrissy and a couple friends from my first couple years here just went out to dinner instead, and that was lovely and full of laughter and fun.
God has blessed me very, very richly and I am deeply grateful for everything he has given me. In the hard times and the "easier" times, God is always good. He is always God, and He is always worthy of all our praise. He is working in me, and patiently, faithfully molding me into the woman he desires me to be, one day at a time.
May God help us to see his faithfulness in our lives and give us the grace to be faithful to him every day,
Carrie

No comments: