Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Tico Tuesday, July 14th

Happy Tuesday!
I wore some sweet Aladdinesque pants!
This weekend was Portal a las Naciones, a one (full) day missions conference with Mexican missionaries that serve in Asia, North Africa, Honduras, India, and Mexico (including a really cool outreach ministry to Jews). It was beautiful to see how missions really is becoming from everywhere to everywhere. Each country/people group had a room that was decorated with typical things, served typical food, and shared about the work God is doing where they serve. It was exciting to see so many people interested - the rooms weren't very large, but each one was full all 5 sessions! I helped with a lot of logistical details, but was still able to be present for a few sessions. I also participated with the rest of the Avance participants and facilitators in a singing a song in Swahili, Spanish, and English: we marched in wearing costumes from all over the world and doing motions to the song. It was really fun. Then we had people pray in different languages for the missionaries there. I always love that! I love seeing how God is at work in the church here. And I love the enthusiasm of the Avance crew. They know no shame and are always willing to help in any way they can. And they are hilarious--I get to laugh a lot with them around. Last night we had a girls night for all the Avance facilitators and staff and had an absolute blast. It was like a good ol slumber party, except that most everyone went home by 11 and got a relatively good night's sleep in our own beds. We definitely made some good memories. 
Thank you so much for continuing to pray for me. I'm still battling some cold/laryngitis stuff and am dealing with the overwhelming-ness of life here, as well as fulfilling several different ministerial responsibilities. And of course there's that ever present wondering regarding the future and what I will be doing and where I will be doing it. I'm trying to enjoy this time though and not stress through it.
May we each delight in the work God is doing around us and around the world and consider how we can best join him in it!
Carrie

No comments: