Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Tico Tuesday, July 28th

To the moon and back
This is me on the moon, with the sun behind me. Ok, pyramids named after the sun and moon at Teotihuacán, Mexico. I joined the Avance crew for an excursion to the hot, sunny pyramids made by the Aztecs a long long time ago. The pyramids have received a lot of maintenance and concrete, so they aren't exactly as they once were, but this way, people can still climb up them for a great view. That was really nice, because I can never have any kind of view but buildings around me unless I happen to be in a vehicle on an elevated highway. Living in a big city impacts life in so many ways I had never even considered before!
Going to the pyramids was also nice because last week was a very full, intense week with multiple meetings and activities every day. Doing 7 spiritual mentoring sessions in 5 days as a beginner was intense--it was good, and full of both challenges and blessings. I'm grateful for them all, and excited to keep learning and growing as I accompany people on their walk with God.
Thank you so much for your faithful prayers and support. I can't tell you how much I need them! Please also be praying for the Avance participants and facilitators as they prepare for their re-entry to the States. Once they leave, I will continue monthly spiritual mentoring sessions with the 7 girls via Skype and start dedicating more of my attention to the Centro Latino de Movilización.
God's blessing and peace be with you,
Carrie

No comments: