Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Tico Tuesday, July 21st

Happy Tuesday!
Yesterday I had the amazing experience of spending 8 hours at the airport helping welcome delegates who are coming from 159 countries to the World Assembly of the International Federation of Evangelical Students (IFES). This student movement is called Intervarsity in the USA and Canada, and the vast majority of my time and evergy in college that were not dedicated to my studies went to IV. So, IV/IFES has a special place in my heart. IFES only has a World Assembly every 4 years, so it is amazing that it is here in Mexico while I am here and that I was able to be involved somehow! (A fellow missionary who is a former IV staffworker and who's roommate works for the IFES movement here got me in the loop). I only wish I could go to the assembly and actually participate. That would be amazing! Yesterday I got to welcome people from every continent, practice my near-extinct French, be a model as a Hungarian practiced some photography, hear pesos be called peesos, spend time getting to know this fantastic girl (pictured) Isabel who is a facilitator for the Avance program and was on duty with me, and apologize to random people a hundred times for not knowing where things were in the airport (AirFrance, customs, migration, an elevator, buses to Puebla, etc.) It was an amazing experience! I only wish I had time to go back today or tomorrow, but this is a jam-packed week.
As always, I thank you for your prayers and ask you to continue to pray for me as I seek and serve the Lord. Please pray especially this week as I am starting spiritual mentoring with several girls in Avance.
Thank you!
Carrie

No comments: