Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Tico Tuesday, October 13th

In less than 48 hours I will be on US soil! It's been a week of wrapping up, good byes, lasts, and working on final details for my three week tour of the States before I get to home sweet Maine. 
I had a little going away get-together Saturday night that was very nice and low key. Well, my hilarious friend Eunice (pictured) breaking out in song for us all wasn't so low key, but it was delightful! As the party wrapped up I seized the opportunity to thank those who came for their kindness and friendship to me. Then, I gave people the opportunity to say something to me if they wanted to, and several people spoke very kind, life-giving words to me. I left the party feeling humbled, grateful, and inspired. We often have no idea how we impact the lives of others, and to get a glimpse of how God has used me in my time here was special. I like it when God uses me without me realizing it because that leaves no room for my pride--it is all grace. I am more aware than ever of everyone's need for Jesus (which is awesome because this is something I've been praying about) and feel a greater sense of importance and urgency to become more like Christ and have others see Jesus in me. This makes me even more grateful for the spiritual mentoring training I'm receiving and shows me the importance of putting everything I'm learning into practice.
May the Holy Spirit continue to make us more like Christ each day and teach us to see and love others as he does!
Carrie

No comments: