Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Tico Tuesday, October 28th

Salutations!
The past week has been full of travel and rich times of sharing with family and friends who feel like family. I have been experiencing and enjoying fall as if for the first time. While I was with my brother and his family in St. Louis I got to see some trees hit their peak color and then start losing their leaves. A nephew, my niece, and I were catching leaves in mid-air before they landed and it was one of those glorious experiences of sheer delight and freedom. I relished the moment, the beauty and wonder of God's creation, the laughs and shouts of Agnes and Isaiah, the breeze that made leaf-catching such a challenging sport, and the joy I felt welling up in my heart. I wanted to just lie down on the ground and soak it all in, wishing it would never end. Knowing that homemade pizza and homemade applesauce were awaiting us was good motivation for going inside though. After meeting my youngest nephew, Gabe and spending quality time with my brother, sister-in-law, and their six amazing children, I headed up to Chicago to visit some other dear friends and enjoy my surroundings: Pumpkins, apple cider, a wonderful time of worship at Willow Creek Community Church, a beautiful 11 mile run, pretty sky at sunset, the Art Institute of Chicago, Lake Michigan, excellent conversations, and lots of delicious food. Yesterday I had brief but wonderful visits with a cousin and his wife and a great aunt and uncle.
Tomorrow I leave my friend here in Ohio and head to Pittsburgh and the Grove City area, which leads me to a prayer request: On Friday and Saturday, I'm going to be taking a personal retreat to try to process the events of the year and pray and reflect on what God has been doing and what I've been learning. Will you please pray with me as I seek the Lord and quiet myself before him? I want to be open and receptive to what He has to say to me. Thank you so much!
May we all delight in God's creation and good gifts to us this week!
Carrie

No comments: