Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Tico Tuesday, October 6th

Have you ever driven on the beach? Have you ever driven on the beach and gone faster than 20 mph?
Not very common, but it's the only way to get to the Kikomar camp I'm visiting this week. I'm staying with two other UWMers (and would be with a third, but she is in Costa Rica helping her brother who broke his back a couple weeks ago) and getting to listen to them, watch them, and learn from their lives. It is a joy to be with them, and they are challenging me and stirring in me and greater desire to spend more time with Jesus and become more like him.
The camp is beautiful and is thriving under their administration. There a lot of bugs, so I'm suffering from them, but to get out of the city and come to a quiet camp on an empty beach is worth every bite. I was really feeling the need to get away from the city again, especially after I went to the heart of the city to run an errand on Friday and saw all these important building surrounded by barricades and police everywhere because there was going to be some kind of big protest. It was scary, but thankfully I got back to my part of the city before the protest began. I've learned that big city life is not for me!
Anyway, my heart is heavy right now since there's a delicate situation my hosts are dealing with concerning another person they know. I think they'd prefer I not go into any details, but will you please lift up a prayer for my hosts, A, and those around her? Please keep me in your prayers as well, as I've been dealing with a few heavy situations myself over the past week.
Thank you so much for your prayers and support!
May God grow our desire for him every day and continue to make us ever more like Jesus,
Carrie

No comments: