Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Tico Tuesday, October 20th

Arizona has never been so beautiful to me before!
 When my parents lived here, I was never struck much by the natural beauty of this place. The sky was big and deep blue, and the mountains all around were nice, but after being in Mexico City for the past few months with only a few brief excursions outside the city, I'm feeling like God is just spoiling me here and pouring out his love to me through natural beauty. The sky is enormous and gorgeous; I looked out the window last night and saw the most stars I've seen in a really long time; I've had amazing mountain views and was even able to hike 10 miles yesterday--and got to see some leaves miraculously changing color in a canyon and follow a pretty stream with its soothing song for a while; I'm breathing fresh, clean air, and just generally feeling a sense of joy and freedom from leaving the overwhelming-ness of Mexico City. 
Sunday, I had the opportunity to share at two different churches here. I had been a little nervous about it, but though it was exhausting, both times it went really well, thanks and praise be to God! It is such a privilege to not only serve others in Jesus' name, but also to share with others about serving and what I learn through it. That in turn brings its own wave of blessings to me and I am just feeling hugely blessed, grateful, and loved. This trip around the States is off to a great start! Next stop, my oldest brother and his family in St Louis!
Thank you again for keeping me in your prayers! 

May God continue to open our eyes to see his work and love and teach us to live in awe of him,
Carrie

PS. You might be wondering what is happening with my ministry assignment. I'm still waiting for the schedules of 3 busy men to have an aligned opening. One of them is currently traveling in a place where he has no internet access, so hopefully after he returns next week, they will be able to determine when they will meet together. Please continue to keep this matter in your prayers. Thank you!

No comments: