Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Tico Tuesday, January 19th

Happy Tuesday to you!
As promised, here is a picture and some information about my new apartment! I moved in two weeks from this coming Thursday. Time sure flies! I am very much enjoying this place: it has a lot of natural lighting: it is removed from the noise of busy streets; the surrounding dogs, cat, and roosters aren't too annoying; my upstairs neighbor is really sweet; it has a hot water heater (a real treat around here); it is 10 minutes from church; it has ample counter and storage space in the kitchen; and there are beautiful butterflies that live in the yard!
Unfortunately, the place was absolutely filthy when I moved in, so I have been deep cleaning as I've been unpacking, but I think I've taken care of that--it should just be typical upkeep now. As you can see, I still have some boxes sitting around. I'm gradually working on unpacking, and I'm almost done--just 4 more boxes to go!
Still no sign of a roommate, but that's ok. I'll keep praying for one and spreading the word, but am happy to use the spare room as an office in the meantime. It does get lonely at times, but I think the key is just to make sure I get out (I'm doing a lot of work from home) or have people over every day.
Today I had my first guests over--and of course forgot to take a picture with them. Angie, Yendry, and I are going to start a small group, since they aren't in one right now and the small group coordinator needs to give the example and be in one too! I'm sure I'll be posting a picture with them soon. :-)
Thank you so much for walking with me on this journey and for your prayers and wonderful support. I am so grateful!
As a friend texted me this morning: "May God surprise us with his wonders!"
Love,
Carrie

No comments: