Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Tico Tuesday, January 5th

Happy first Tuesday of the year!
The bridesmaids (minus the matron of honor!)
This has been an amazing return to Costa Rica. I hit the ground running with a multitude of activities for my roommate's wedding and finding an apartment into which I hope to move later this week. The wedding was beautiful, and a whole lot of fun. It was a bit intense for me, since I interpreted almost all of it, but thankfully that went really well. I really enjoyed getting to know some of Chrissy's family and friends, as well as spending time with my dear friend Jessica (the tall one next to me), who introduced me to Chrissy and suggested we room together.
I'm now in the throes of packing. I still have a ways to go, but I'm feeling motivated and excited to have a space of my own again, since my room has also doubling as the wedding room. I'm still hoping to get a roommate, but I'm not counting on that happening immediately. I'll probably need to meet another expat, since ticos tend to not move out until they get married. Please keep praying with me about that. I like having a place to myself, but it gets pretty lonely pretty quickly. At least the woman who will be my upstairs neighbor is really nice.
Things continue to progress with my job description. Final details are being reviewed this week! I'm so excited!
Thank you so much for all your prayers and support. I have an incredible support network and am hugely thankful for each and every one of you!
God's blessing, peace, and joy be with us all in this new year and may we remember that his mercies are new each and every day!
Love,
Carrie

No comments: