Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Tico Tuesday, February 23rd

A beautiful long bike ride on my day off, my pastor's father passing away, the second small group leader training, family weekend at church with baptisms, construction of the new church building's roof being slowed because of too much wind, the excitement of being on the church property and seeing the construction, having a flooded kitchen thanks to a clogged pipe and finding out the septic tank is full, my car's transmission not working well, getting complimented 3 times in front of groups of people by my supervisor being impressed and pleased with the work I'm doing... What a roller coaster of an amazing, intense, exhausting week it has been! I have felt on top of the world, I've cried in empathy with my pastor, I've felt in my element leading part of the training, I've brimmed with excitement and joy over the progress in the building and am praying very hard for the construction to not have any more delays and even for lost time to be made up! And, I've had a couple excellent opportunities to practice trusting in God.
Trust is one of my key words for this year. As I'm reading through the Psalms, every verse with "trust" in it leaps out at me. I was nervous my car would break down before I got it to the mechanic's today. I was stressing about it, but decided to pray and trust that I would be able to get there safely--and not have to arrive via tow truck. Thanks be to God for answering that prayer!
It wasn't until late Friday night (several hours after the funeral) that I realized my pastor's wife probably wouldn't be able to give her part of the training for the Small Group leaders the next day. I was kicking myself for not thinking of it earlier, but decided to sleep in peace and trust God to work it out the next day. I texted in the morning and indeed, she was not up for the task, but she coordinated for another staff member from church to give her part--and it turns out this staff member had been preparing a training on almost the exact same topic and she couldn't give her talk on Friday because of the funeral, so she ended up being able to give it anyway on Saturday (and tell her people to join us)! God worked everything out better than I could have imagined! And I didn't stress about it! It was amazing. His plans and ways are so much greater than mine! And stressing really accomplishes nothing.
Please continue to pray for me to have wisdom, trust God, seek him first, and cling to him through all things, and for him to bless my times of recreation and rest. Thank you!
May God continue to reveal his greatness to you and may you feel his presence wherever you are on life's roller coaster!
Carrie

No comments: