Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Tico Tuesday, February 9th

I love being at-level with clouds!
Last week was one of the busiest weeks I'd had in a while in terms of getting together with people for sharing meals and cafecito. I had something every day of the week with someone! I love being finished with seminary and being able to have a social life! Of course, some of these get-togethers were work-related, but along with being productive, they were also wonderful times of having sweet fellowship and getting to know each other on a deeper level. What a gift it is to be with one or two other people and marvel together at God's love and grace! How uplifting it is to share stories from the past and see how God has worked through them and glorified himself in them! What an honor it is to get to know people and keep in mind that every conversation is an opportunity for spiritual mentoring! That little nugget helps me be a lot more intentional in my conversations. How can I help this person be more aware of God's work in their life? What lessons have they been learning about life and God?
I also want to share a brief testimony: I was on my way up to this beautiful mountain overlook with a friend on my day off and we got stopped by the police on the way up. I'd never gotten stopped by the police here before, but they are often on the side of the road, randomly selecting vehicles to pull over, so it wasn't for any kind of citation. I'm glad they did pull me over though, because after they looked at my residency card, one of them noticed my back right tire was going flat. I was able to make it to a tire shop down the mountain and get it patched up right away and then make it back up to the mountain and have a lovely picnic with the above view before I was dying of starvation! It was one of the easiest, quickest, least inexpensive car issues I've ever had. Whereas if the police hadn't have stopped me, I would have been way up on the mountainside with a flat, needing to leave the park at closing time and getting delayed and stressed. And I had my friend along, she made things better too.
God takes such good care of me and I am so grateful!
May God bless your times of sharing with others this week and bless you with helpful, observant people in your life!
Love,
Carrie

No comments: