Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Tico Tuesday, August 29th

Tuesday greetings to you all once more!
Great sunsets at church never get old!
This past week was full of some crazy busy days packed with errands and wonderfully productive meetings and days at the office. Before we had this office space, I used to always have to work from home. And, I've continued to do a lot of work from home. But, lately, I've been trying to take more advantage of the fact that I actually have office space and a desk. And last week, I started a new habit I'm really liking. It consists of only doing work at work. Pretty wild, right? A couple nights, I actually even left my computer at the office! That meant I was able to come home and read and rest a bit. Wednesday, I got to the office at about 9:30 and came home for an hour in the afternoon before returning for our midweek service. I almost didn't come home, but I'm so glad I did! Otherwise I would have spent over 11 straight hours at church.
I've been learning and thinking a lot about limits lately. It is quite an accomplishment for me to decide to leave work at work as much as I can. There is always more to be done, there always will be. So, in order to live a healthy life and protect myself from burnout, I need to set boundaries for myself. And I see this tying in perfectly with what God has been teaching me about trusting him. Setting and respecting limits with work is a way for me to practice trusting God and remember that I am serving him. He has everything under control. It is about him. I am not a slave to small group coordination: I am a servant, friend, and daughter of my perfect, loving heavenly Father. And I like that. It fills me with peace and gives me a great sense of freedom.
May you sense God's peace and freedom this week, and be encouraged to trust him to help you identify and implement a new boundary you may need in your life.
With love,
Carrie

No comments: