Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Tico Tuesday, September 12th

COMING SOON!
As part of my preparations for my upcoming trip to the States, I'm finally making a new prayer card! I had a blast with my friend Ale (yes, the Small Group facebook page wonder is also a photographer!) doing a mini photo shoot so I could have a nice new picture. Now, I just need someone with some skills to mount the UWM logo and the "Please pray for Carrie Smith serving in Costa Rica" text on it before I send it off to snapfish. Who can help me?
And if you'd like an updated prayer card (or have never had one), please send me your address and I will get one in the mail to you.
A lot of other exciting things happened this past week: over 100 people came to the 101 Welcome Class, we had the International Children's Day party for 250 children at church with impressive Lego decor, we had a Christian ventriloquist come and do an evangelistic show as part of his farewell tour, I had another productive, encouraging meeting about small groups with Rudy, I got referred a new coaching client that has a goal unlike any of the other goals of my current clients, and I went to the beach yesterday. I also had new neighbors move in to the apartment above me.
I thank God for all He is doing in and around me. He continues to stir in my heart and teach and remind me important, life-giving truths. One example is: God is bigger and stronger than hurricanes! He always has been and always will be faithful, all-powerful, loving, and good. He knows what's going on, even when it sure doesn't make sense to human minds.
Thank you so much for your prayers for me and for your generous, faithful support. It is a joy to be on this journey with you. God is doing great things!
Carrie

No comments: