Thursday, September 11, 2008

My Busy Week

I don’t know how I do it, but I always end up SO busy! You know I like it. I love having people to see, places to go, things to do, etc. But, especially since my time in Costa Rica, I have been learning the value of not packing my life so full. I just haven't been succeeding a whole lot. I am learning though.
This week, for example, is packed full.
Sunday I went to church in town (YAAY!! It was great! There were hymns and a real piano and a whole bunch of people!). Then I went shopping and had a picnic with my friends. I spent much of the evening on Skype with a friend from school.
Monday I hiked Death Canyon with Sarah and Luciano. GORGEOUS!!!! My favorite place in the Park! We made it all the way to Fox Creek Pass! (That is the end of the canyon). That took all day. Then we had a yummy dinner at Dornan’s (they have phenomenal pizza!) and then read another chapter of “The Trumpet of the Swan” to Luciano. His English is improving significantly. Tuesday I worked. It was a very slow, quiet day. I was ok with that. I was pretty tired from the previous day’s hike. In the evening I taught English-I only have one class left! And then I went to the 80’s party. I didn’t dress up. But I still had fun. I lost twice at Twister and played “Pin the Glove on Michael Jackson.” It was pretty hilarious. The girl that plans employee activities this year is doing a great job!
Yesterday I got to go to Colter Bay for part of the day. I put fake flowers on the tables in the cafeteria like we did here at Jackson Lake Lodge. Then I helped clean and straighten some other things. Luckily the head housekeeper saved me. The cleaning solution I was using was far from adequate. It was rainy off and on much of the day, but when I drove back it was sunny and I got to drive through the park with the windows down and the sunroof open. It was great!!! (And don’t worry-I wasn’t speeding).
Today was a busy day at work. A lot of people are tired and just want for it to be over. I don't blame them. There are a lot of people who work their tails off here. A lot of people have already had to leave due to school and J-1 visa expiration and it is really hard to hire anyone to work for one month. Tonight we had an HR barbecue. I had a phenomenal steak, but don't plan on eating again until at least next week I am so full.
Are you tired yet just by reading this? Me too!!! I know a lot of busyness is a choice, and I am still working on learning to say no. Tomorrow evening I actually have no plans and hope to keep it that way. Saturday I am going to Teton Village for a girls night. It should be fun.
Ok, well. There's a glimpse at my crazy week. God give me the strength to make it through!G'night!

No comments: