Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Perfect Timing

I got an e-mail the other morning-totally out of the blue. It was from the head of the missions committee of the church I went to in middle school and high school. We've been in contact, and he'd said the church could support me, but when the committee realized that I am going to be gone for more than 2 years, I fell into a different category. It turns out one missionary couple from the church finished their assignment and so the church can take me on as a new missionary and support me more!! Praise be to God!! What incredible timing! This won't be official until the congregation votes on it later this fall, but wow! This is so exciting!! I still have a long ways to go in this support-raising process, but I know that whether the support is coming in or not, I want to and should be praising God. He is in charge of this whole process. And I know He will prove Himself faithful and provide for my every need.
I must confess though, that is isn't always easy to remember. For example, I am currently trying to make plans to visit New England later this fall. I was thinking pre-Thanksgiving, but now it looks like afterwards might be more plausible. It's always nice when the people you want to see are actually there. I have no idea how I can get from Southern Maine to Cape Cod or vice versa without inconveniencing several people or spending oodles of money on a rental car. So, I know I can't sit back and expect this trip to plan itself, but I also know I can't stress myself about it. I am praying for God to open doors and pave the way. And I am telling myself TRANQUILA!!! (I'll tell you more about that later).

No comments: