Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A Brief Thought

So my Daddy wrote this "Praying through the Psalms" book. He writes a little comment and prayer that corresponds to each Psalm. It's wicked cool. This morning I read Ps 22 - one of the most blatantly prophetic Psalms that points us to Christ's ugly, painful crucifixion. Between reading the Psalm and the prayer Daddy wrote, something (the Holy Spirit) just kind of jabbed me again and reminded me: my sin drove Jesus to the cross. Each sin I commit deserves the death penalty. And Jesus died for every one. And He would die for every one again and again if He had to. Diay!And He didn't die just for my sin though-He died for every sin ever committed by everyone! His sacrifice is sufficient for us all. But let us never forgot its great cost, nor the victory and freedom we have through Jesus' RESURRECTION!
So let's spread the word!

No comments: