Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Tico Tueday, June 26th

Hey everybody!
Happy last Tuesday from the US for several months! The light at the end of the tunnel is finally visible and now I'm just trying to stay focused during this intense week of Old Testament and New Testament classes. More to come on that...
This past weekend I was in Summerville, SC. I had the opportunity to share at a church there and hang out with people I'd only ever served beside in Costa Rica. It was a great experience, minus the killer mosquitoes at the cookout we had Saturday night. Sunday afternoon a whole bunch of us went out for lunch and had a lovely time. I really enjoyed getting to reconnect with these people, most of whom I hadn't seen for about 2 years. Another plus of Summerville was going out to a Trappist monastery one afternoon. I really enjoyed the quiet space and nativity made of recycled materials. With all the go go go of the past few months, a bit of tranquility was very welcome.
May we all take a few moments to pause and relax this week.
Love,
Carrie

No comments: