Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Tico Tuesday, June 5th

Happy Tuesday everyone!
I was doing some journaling and reflecting last night and was reminded again of something I (and I would dare say many other Christians too) forget. It's ok to have pain. It's ok not to be ok. It's ok to be "struggling with" (ie, failing!) something. Things don't always work out that way I expect/fantasize. And that's ok. I've gotten the feeling from many Christians that we need to be walking constantly in victory and that if you really love Jesus you'll be just fine and nothing should hurt. I say that's total bologna. Jesus himself hurt and was rejected. He wept. And that's the very beauty of it. Jesus is still Emmanuel, all the time. He is still with us, loving us, holding us when it hurts, when things don't feel right, when I wish I could turn back time, when I wish I could fast forward time. God's not mad at me. I, we can cling to Jesus and know things will improve, eventually. He is our hope. Just wanted to share the reminder with you. :-)
And no, the picture has nothing to do with the rest of the post. I'm just enjoying watching the tiny newborn hummingbirds on the wind chimes on my parents' patio and wanted to share them with you.
God's peace and joy be with you this week, whatever you're going through.
Love,
Carrie

No comments: