Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Tico Tuesday, January 15th

Tuesday greetings from San José de la Montaña! (the town I live in)
Today was our Annual Spiritual Retreat for all the Roblealto personnel. Along with the beautiful time of worship and the opportunities to converse, discuss and pray with my co-workers, I especially loved sharing testimonies. One girl, Fernanda (the one you see on the left in the picture), grew up in our 15 de Setiembre Child Care Center, from 9 months to 12 years old. It became her second home, and she grew to love it, her instructors, and Jesus. After rebelling for a couple years in Jr. high, Fernanda turned back to Jesus and started getting heavily involved in her church. Then, she started volunteering in an NGO similar to Roblealto. After that, she started volunteering at the 15 de Setiembre Child Care Center again. Not much later, she was offered the opportunity to work as an instructor there. What a joy it is to see her talk about her love for God and the place where she works! I've seen her in action with the kids in her class, and I assure you her love for the children she works with is obvious too. How beautiful for her to come and give back to a place that gave so much to her! I thank and praise God for the life of my sister in Christ, Fernanda! And that was just one testimony I got to hear today!
To add a testimony of my own, on Thursday alone I received news of $125 in new monthly giving commitments! Praise the Lord! I now need a total of only $125/month! This can be 2 people at $50/month and 1 at $25/month, or 5 people at $25/month (or 1 at $50/month and 1 at $75/month). I'm so close to being at full support now! Will you help me make it all the way by January 31st? (If you click on the link, you will get to see my updated bio!)
May God be glorified in all we do this week--our lives greatly impact others!
Love,
Carrie

No comments: