Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Tico Tuesday, January 22nd

...And they're back! Sunday afternoon the children came back to the Bible Home! I haven't been able to see them yet though, since today was a stay-home-and-study day and yesterday I was in San José with the parents of the children who will be coming in to the Bible Home between tomorrow and Friday.
Last Thursday we had a welcome day for these parents and their children to come to the Bible Home and get to meet the staff, see the grounds and a few of the houses, and have some fun. We have 10 boys and 2 girls coming in. I feel like I was able to connect with the girls pretty well, especially the older one. I'm so excited to get to know these kids more and share God's love with them!
Yesterday we had a more in-depth orientation with the parents of these new children. Though we had to go over a lot of details, it was also important to give them an opportunity to express themselves as they prepare to be separated from their children. It's hard for me to put myself in their shoes since I don't have children of my own, but I can sort of put myself in the children's shoes. How heartbreaking! Please pray for these children and families as they go through this temporary separation and for all of us at the Bible Home as we seek to support them to the best of our abilities.
To give you a support update, I need to confirm with a couple of you, but it appears I only need $65/month in monthly giving commitments! Praise the Lord! Can you help me reach full support by January 31st? It's just 9 days away!
Thanking God for his love and faithfulness, and you for your prayers and support,
Carrie

No comments: