Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Tico Tuesday, January 8th

Happy Tuesday!
What a way to start the New Year.
I was at the amusement park waiting to watch the New Year's Day fireworks with some friends, including a couple house moms from the Bible Home and the few children who weren't able to go home for vacation (since they don't really have one to go to). We were all lying on the grass and it was just one of those happy love piles, kind of like that game where everybody lays their head on the tummy of someone else. I couldn't believe it when K, one of the girls from the Bible Home nestled her head right on me! In spite of my attempts over the past couple years, she and I have never really connected before; I always feel like she's distant and just does whatever she wants. Needless to say, I was very surprised to be her pillow of choice! It was a sweet joyous moment for me. Maybe I just happened to be the closest body available, but it is still really good to know that she feels comfortable enough to rest her head on me. It was a special moment for me.
May God bless us all with special moments this year, and may we have open eyes to recognize them and the wisdom to cherish them!
Carrie

P.S. Praise God! I only need 6 more people to commit to supporting me at $50/month and 3 people at $25/month in order to be at full support! Praise God for his provision, goodness and faithfulness! Is he calling you to partner with me?

No comments: