Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Tico Tuesday, April 16th

A Special Surprise, Part I
Yesterday I received a special package from my friend Megan's class. (This picture is from when I visited her last year.) Megan teaches 5th & 6th grade at the Christian Academy in Grove City, PA, where we both went to college. Recently, when I was in a rather precarious financial position, Megan told her students (who are among my favorite prayer warriors) of my need and had them include that petition for me. But they decided that praying was not enough. These amazing youngsters used their creativity to plan not just a special fundraiser for me, but a WHOLE "Mid-Winter Missions Week!" Activities included a movie night, face-painting, a knock-over the snowman game, selling friendship bracelets (whose purchase not only supported me but also the rescue ministry for the sexually exploited young ladies in the Philippines who made them), AND a Jane Austen style ball!!! From 50 cents to $5 at a time, the children and families of this school raised several hundred dollars in support of my service to God here in Costa Rica!! As I translated Megan's letter to our school principal yesterday, my eyes couldn't help but fill with tears as my heart filled with gratitude, awe, and joy.
Stay tuned for Part II of this special surprise!
And please continue to pray for those affected by the blasts in my favorite city of Boston. (Did you hear about the tico hero Carlos Arredondo? If not, head to my facebook wall!)
May we all remember God's loving care and and goodness to us this week!
Carrie

No comments: