Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Tico Tuesday, April 30th

Sad confession: my camera is pretty much out of commission. It fell and now pictures only look good when they are this size that I send you. Otherwise they are fuzzy. I can't change any settings and I have to manually hold down the lens so it will shut and lay flat. All that to say, yesterday I was wishing SO hard somebody could take a picture of what was going on.
A whole bunch of moms whose children attend the school at the Bible Home and I were getting things ready for tomorrow, May 1st. In Costa Rica, it's Labor Day. And at the Bible Home, it's Alumni Day. People of all ages who have been or worked at the Bible Home or had some connection with it come for a big open house with a special service and tons of traditional food. So, these ladies and I were separating, cutting, and blenderizing fruit so we can make juice tomorrow. We had a limited supply of knives, and some of the mangos were so overripe, I decided to just try squeezing the fruit off the seed with my hand, like this little guy in the random picture I found online. It worked! And it was SO fun! So, there we were, a whole bunch of ladies gathered around a multi-gallon storage bin, squeezing slippery mangos and digging them out of the bin when they escaped our grasp. It was messy, but very effective. I think we wasted a lot less fruit that way, and we definitely had way more fun!
I'll let you know how everything goes tomorrow. I'm hoping to see some of my old favorites!
And before I sign off, I'd like to just mention a couple prayer requests. One is a situation at the Bible Home that's weighing on my heart. And the other is for me to be able to finish this blessed Church History paper asap! Progress has been tough and slow, but today I was able to get a lot done. I have Thursday and Saturday to finish it, since my new semester with 2 more courses starts on Monday, and a lot of other things clamoring for attention in the meantime! Please pray for focus and productivity!
Thanks!
Carrie

No comments: