Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Tico Tuesday, April 23rd

A Special Surprise, Part II

So, what were the contents of last week's wondrous package? Surely there was more than a letter and some flyers explaining what Megan's class did. YOU BET! Remember how I mentioned they sold friendship bracelets? Well, they had 500 to sell, and they offered the option of buying a friendship bracelet to send down to Costa Rica. How many friendship bracelets of the 500 made their way down here? 147! That's almost a third of the bracelets! Good grief, talk about generosity, people! And how many friendship bracelets did I need to make sure every student in the Enrique Strachan School, all our adolescents that are in jr high now, and children of house parents got one? 147! Only God could do that! He never ceases to amaze me with all his details and the way he cares and shows his love!
I had the opportunity to tell all the children in the schoolwide devotion today about the bracelets and where they came from. It fit in perfectly with this week's virtue--Consideration! Then I went to each classroom to hand out the bracelets. In one classroom, even before I handed them out, one boy said to me, "Please say thank you to your friend and the students at her school for the bracelets and may God bless them very much." Knock me over with a spoon! (That didn't quite sound right, but it's too funny to delete now that I've remembered feather.) Yeah, or a feather! Or a friendship bracelet! Have I ever told you how much I LOVE the kids here?
Head on over to my facebook to see more pictures (as posted by Silvia Rodríguez). It was tough to just pick one!
May God help us all to see how he cares for us and loves us!
With great joy,
Carrie

No comments: