Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Tico Tuesday, July 23rd

Hello, and happy Tuesday to you! Ok, it's not Tuesday anymore for many of you, but it is still here!
You may be wondering why I haven't written anything about the kids at the Bible Home for a while. Well, there's a reason for that. They were at their homes on break the first 2 weeks of July, so things at the Bible Home were very quiet! Yesterday things were pretty quiet much of the day too, since all the kids who play the recorder and are in the school chorus were at a district competition all day. The kids came back full of enthusiasm and the minibus drivers were honking their horns like people honk when their team scores or wins a soccer game: the chorus came in first place! Most of these kids have grown up being the losers and having people telling them--and believing--that they are no good at or for anything. Well, winning a competition sure makes them think twice about these wretched lies and shows them that they really are talented and capable of making great achievements.
And the picture is of one of the 2 boys that came running at me to hug me as I passed their house on my way home from work yesterday. Have I ever told you how much I love these kids? The two week break is an important time for them and their families, and for the personnel at the Bible Home to recharge too. But, I missed them and I'm so glad to have them back!
May God surround you with his goodness and truth this week!
Carrie

No comments: