Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Tico Tuesday, July 9th

  • 19.5 months
  • 14 trips to Migration
  • over $460 in fees, parking and transportation
  • countless hours waiting in line or for my name to be called or some assigned number to flash for me (I think today's 5 hours was a personal record)

It was a long and dreadful wait. One year ago today I went to Migration thinking this complicated process was almost done, and instead was handed a letter threatening to cancel my residency renewal if I didn't explain myself pronto. It was hard to figure out how God was exercising control over the horrendous bureaucracy  (burro-cracia as we sometimes call it here), but I know he is sovereign, even over institutions I find frustrating and wish I could despise, were they not so necessary and important. (Seriously, now I understand more why people just marry nationals to avoid migratory woes!) But today, thanks be to God, a miracle occurred and I was FINALLY given a new valid residency card!!! I was a little emotional when I realized they were actually going to give me my new card today, and surely would have been more so if I hadn't have had to wait so long between all the little bureaucratic steps. At least I finished reading my Church history textbook!
Thank you SO MUCH for praying with and for me all throughout this difficult journey. Though I haven't enjoyed it, I rejoice that it is over and remember that even when I don't understand God, I still can and need to trust him, his ways, and his timing.
Now I can fly to and from the States this weekend without any migratory hassle!
With deep joy and gratitude, to God and to you!
Carrie

No comments: