Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Tico Tuesday, July 30th

Tuesday greetings from Costa Rica!
Last night was definitely not a quiet night at the Bible Home. There was a meeting for house parents, and I got to babysit in the Bethesda house for the first time. Since my friend who was the mom in the Jardín house left, 2 of the girls are now in the Bethesda, along with a couple other kids I've cared for from other houses on different occasions plus 6 others (10 total). When I got there, they were wild.
It was a Monday after the kids had been at home with their families for the weekend, and they usually come back behaving not as well as they did when they left. Over the course of the evening they calmed down though, especially once I prayed and we opened our time of devotions. One boy, the newest in the house, and actually the newest in the Bible Home (I think he arrived in April-I know it was after camp), started asking me all sorts of questions about Jesus coming again and what that means, what heaven is like, about asking forgiveness, etc. What a joy it was to see him so curious and interested in these things--and to have the opportunity to explain as much of the gospel to him as I could. It was a very special moment for me. I don't think he has a relationship with Jesus yet, but I look forward to following up with him and making sure he has the opportunity to start one. Please pray for this kiddo, R, and for him to receive Jesus as his Savior and Lord.
Thanks so much!
Thank you for your prayers and support!
Carrie

No comments: